It started with just Testing. The focus increasingly shifted to Test automation. Then came Robotic Process Automation. And now we are talking about Hyperautomation. Let’s see what is it all about…
What is Hyperautomation?
“a mix of automation tech tools & software and advanced technologies like AI, ML, and RPA, to automate tasks that were once completed by humans”.
There are several automation technologies that comprise Hyperautomation,
- Robotic process automation (RPA): a robot that can perform low-level and repetitive tasks based on rule-based processes.
- Business process management (BPM) tools that look deeply into how your teams work to show you what you can and should automate.
- Artificial intelligence capabilities such as machine learning (ML), natural language processing (NLP), intelligent optical character recognition (OCR), and AI computer vision, so robots can read, see, and process more work.
- Advanced analytics to measure & demonstrate the ROI of automation and its impact based on business outcomes.
The idea is to automate more and more knowledge work, and engage everyone in an organization to be part of the transformation.
How is Hyperautomation different from regular automation?
In simple terms, Hyperautomation = automation + intelligence! Hyperautomation takes an ecosystem of technologically advanced tools and combines them to create a new way to work. It means that low-value tasks are optimally performed with automation tools, machine learning and advanced artificial intelligence so that outputs can be produced automatically and run efficiently with little to no human intervention. Then, together with humans, hyper-automation can create a workplace that is always informed, agile and able to use data and insights for quick and accurate decision-making.
Benefits of Hyperautomation
- Rapidly identify and automate all possible business processes with an evolving set of Al technologies
- Flexibility: Organizations can move past the limited benefits of a single digital technology which helps to achieve scale and flexibility in operations.
- Educated workforce & Improved productivity: By automating time consuming tasks, employees are able to get more done with less resources and serve more valuable roles.
- Integration: Integrate digital technologies across their processes and legacy systems.
- Improved ROI: Boost revenue and reduces costs. With powerful analytical tools and capabilities, organizations can optimize the deployment of their resources.
Applications of Hyperautomation
The applications of hyperautomation are growing, in almost every field. Few examples,
- the use of RPA and AI in call centres to automate processes such as mouse clicks and application launch to help an agent quickly pull information about a client from multiple systems.
- A business can rely on tools that leverage RPA and machine learning to produce reports and pull data from social platforms to attain customer sentiment.
- Processes triggered by processing incoming documents or email.
- Automating accounts payable process that includes receiving, processing, and paying out invoices from suppliers that provided goods or services to the company.
- Travel & Expense processes involves paperwork and repetitive tasks that can be automated through hyper automation.
- Manual document processing is a challenge for every industry. Different industries need to process different documents such as invoices, bill of lading, purchase orders, receipts, payslips, medical records & prescription. Businesses can automate the processing of these documents via Hyper-automation.
It is important to note that Hyperautomation is not meant to entirely replace humans. Rather, through automation, humans are freed from repetitive and low-value tasks to focus on ones that are of a higher-value to the organization. Together, automation and human involvement helps organizations to provide superior customer experiences while reducing operational costs and boost profitability.
Transform | Real digital transformation
With a range of tools like Robotic Process Automation (RPA), machine learning (ML), and artificial intelligence (AI), working in harmony to automate complex business processes—including where subject matter experts were once required—Hyper-automation is a means for real digital transformation. Because Hyperautomation by definition involves the mix of technologies, it’s important for businesses investing in it to select the right tools. A powerful set of digital technologies that will continue to transform organizations across nearly every industry.
What do you think? Got any inputs or experience to share? Please comment…